I've had an idea for a game I'd like to play, that's been driving me nuts. If I don't at least share the elevator pitch it's gonna drive me crazy. So here goes:
Basically a Modern Body/Bio-Horror/Survival Horror Urban "Dungeon"/Point Crawl.
Think Stephen King's "The Mist" + "Silent Hill" + "Resident Evil" + "Doom" + Lovecraftian Creature Horror + Warhammer 40K or any number of Gonzo Post Apocalyptic games (for the Mutation stuff)
OSR D&D, most likely B/X, as a rules base. Or "The Black Hack" 1st Ed.
Lots of running, fighting, hiding, sneaking, & scrounging for weapons & useful items & supplies as you make your way across/out of town.
Picturing creatures like:
- Crazed Townsfolk, Mutated Townsfolk, Possessed (Demonic) Townsfolk, Possessed Cannibals, Shambler Zombies, Possessed Runner Zombies, Bloated Zombies, Mutated Dogs & Rats, etc.
- Lots of Creepy Crawly Insectoid Types in large & giant varieties. Crawling, slithering, & flying.
- Slimes, Jellies, Oozes, & Molds, Spores, Fungi.
- Tentacle Monsters & Bio-Horrors
- Weird, other dimensional beings.
- Hostile Plantlife.
No idea if I'll do it, & IF I do if it'll be a cobbled together set of house-rules, A DIY thing I give away for free or self-publish as PWYW, or even if I try to publish it & do it up professionally, but at least I got the concept off my chest anyway!